The Hop Exchange

JohnD
Brewmaster

Re: The Hop Exchange

Post by JohnD » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Sky,
Let me know if you need to use a vacuum packer.
John Dippel

Barley, water, yeast & hops. The things dreams are made of!!

john mills
Brewmaster

Post by john mills » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:32 pm

I should have put my order in this morning when I checked at 6:30. The Amarillo, US Goldings, and Citra are off the board.
No Simcoe offered either. Maybe I can catch them in pellets.
You gonna buy one, or be one?
.....I'm gonna be one!

BREWsmith
Brewmaster

Post by BREWsmith » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:10 am

I have several pounds of leaf hops on the way. Truth be told, I was only in the market for Amarillo and Simcoe, but since I was all-in on shipping costs and with the run on hops, I decided to pick up an extra pound of Simcoe (Freshops) and a pound each of Sorachi Ace and German Hallertau (Hopunion via Label Peelers). I've verified that all are 2011 crops. If anyone wants some of these, the cost per ounce (my cost with shipping) is $2 for the Simcoe, $1.20 for the Sorachi Ace and $1.00 for the German Hallertau. Just a reminder, these are leaf hops.

Update as of 10/18/11:
Simcoe 8 oz available
Sorachi Ace 8 oz available
Jeff Smith

Don
Brewmaster

Post by Don » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 pm

I take 1/2# Simcoe and also pay you for the 3 ozs. I already owe you.
Don

You can pay for the 1/2#. The other was in exchange for the yeast.
Don Heisler

-------------------------
Brewers make wort, yeast make beer, God is good.

john mills
Brewmaster

Post by john mills » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:17 am

Here's what's on Hops Direct today regarding pellets:
Monday, Oct. 24, 2010, we will be releasing part of our domestic pelleted hops, as we are still in the process of pelleting. We are sorry we are unable to "hold" orders to be added onto later when more varieties are released. Our pelleted hops will have a limit of 1 pound per customer per variety. We will not be taking pre-orders. As our phone lines are very very busy, we encourage you to place your orders online, as this is the quickest easiest way to place an order. Please email questions as well. We thank you for your patience as it may take a few more days than usual to get your order shipped and on its way to you. As always, thank you we appreciate your business... Puterbaugh Farms
.....I'm gonna be one!

msjulian
Brewmaster

Post by msjulian » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:24 am

BREWsmith wrote:I have several pounds of leaf hops on the way. Truth be told, I was only in the market for Amarillo and Simcoe, but since I was all-in on shipping costs and with the run on hops, I decided to pick up an extra pound of Simcoe and a pound each of Sorachi Ace and German Hallertau. The Simcoe is definitely new crop. I can't say for sure about the other. If anyone wants some of these, the cost per ounce (my cost with shipping) is $2 for the Simcoe, $1.20 for the Sorachi Ace and $1.00 for the German Hallertau. Just a reminder, these are leaf hops.
I will take as much Hallertau as you would like to spare...
Michael Julian

BREWsmith
Brewmaster

Post by BREWsmith » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:37 am

msjulian wrote:
BREWsmith wrote:I have several pounds of leaf hops on the way. Truth be told, I was only in the market for Amarillo and Simcoe, but since I was all-in on shipping costs and with the run on hops, I decided to pick up an extra pound of Simcoe and a pound each of Sorachi Ace and German Hallertau. The Simcoe is definitely new crop. I can't say for sure about the other. If anyone wants some of these, the cost per ounce (my cost with shipping) is $2 for the Simcoe, $1.20 for the Sorachi Ace and $1.00 for the German Hallertau. Just a reminder, these are leaf hops.
I will take as much Hallertau as you would like to spare...
I'll put you down for 8 ozs.
Jeff Smith

BREWsmith
Brewmaster

Post by BREWsmith » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:39 am

Label Peelers (www.labelpeelers.com) is out of Kent, Ohio. They get their hops from HopUnion. HopUnion indicated that nearly all their leaf hops are from 2011 crops and by mid-November most of their pellet hops will be as well. Label Peelers offers a large variety, prices were very competetive, and they ship fairly fast (they shipped my order on Saturday and I received it Monday via USPS Priority).
Jeff Smith

BREWsmith
Brewmaster

Post by BREWsmith » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:55 am

Don and Michael, I will pack your hops this weekend and have them for you at next Wednesday's meeting. Let me know if you won't be attending or if you need them earlier.
Jeff Smith

msjulian
Brewmaster

Post by msjulian » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:06 am

I will be out of town on Wednesday. I will try to get Don the money before the meeting. If not I will get with you end of next week to make the exchange...

I feel like I am in the French Connection... exchanging rolls of money for small baggies of goodies so I can get my fix..
Michael Julian

BREWsmith
Brewmaster

Post by BREWsmith » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:58 pm

msjulian wrote:I will be out of town on Wednesday. I will try to get Don the money before the meeting. If not I will get with you end of next week to make the exchange...

I feel like I am in the French Connection... exchanging rolls of money for small baggies of goodies so I can get my fix..
Michael, there is absolutely no hurry in getting me the money so don't go out of your way. If you like I can give the "product" to Don or I can hold it. Either way, just bring the cash the next meeting you attend.
Jeff Smith

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 pm

No more Williamette pellets on HopDirect, this is getting scary. :shock:
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter

john mills
Brewmaster

Post by john mills » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Dwayne_Delaney wrote:No more Williamette pellets on HopDirect, this is getting scary. :shock:
According to their website in a couple of days is when they are going to release their 2011 crop pellets.
.....I'm gonna be one!

Don
Brewmaster

Post by Don » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:46 am

Dwayne_Delaney wrote:No more Williamette pellets on HopDirect, this is getting scary. :shock:
Luke Use Fuggles, Fuggles, Fuggles.
Don Heisler

-------------------------
Brewers make wort, yeast make beer, God is good.

Dwayne_Delaney
Brewmaster

Post by Dwayne_Delaney » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Ordered a pound each of 2011-crop Citra and Amarillo from HopsDirect today; still no Simcoe or
Willamette though.

Trouble finding a pound of Fuggles also.
Dwayne Delaney

"Beer is not a good cocktail-party drink, especially in a home where you don't know where the bathroom is"
Billy Carter